This blog started out as a simple random thoughts blog and now it has simply turned into a book lovers blog. I never realized when I started blogging how many people in the blogosphere are as fanatical about books as I am. I am beginning to find my own niche and a lovely environment to spread my love of the written word.
Please note I am no great writer and I am just a simple lover of books.
Goals of The Blog:
First and foremost my goal is to share my love of the written word (A.K.A. books). Other goals with my blog are to keep track of what I read, to write down and provide my thoughts on books, to participate in challenges and activities which encourage me to read more and new books, to have a healthy dialogue about what I read, and to enjoy writing.
I enjoy reading fiction, nonfiction, fantasy, and classical literature to name a few. I’m really trying to expand my reading horizons these days and exploring new genres and writing styles as well as get to know more of the classics that I didn’t get exposed to during my days in school.
A little about me:
Hello my name is Jamie …
- I used to be a lab rat (degree in zoology)
- Now I work on computers all day (minor in mathematics)
- I hate being stressed out (labs were always stressful)
- I get bored easily (I finish my computer work so fast I’m always bored)
- I love animals (I have 3 cats … I can’t convince my fiance to get me more pets right now)
- I don’t care for people (if I could work from home and hang out with my cats all day I would)
- I adore music (I always have my headphones in at work — right now I’m listening to http://www.pandora.com/)
- I love a good book (I’m always reading and quoting what I read)
- I love lists (I use them a lot)
- I still don’t know what I want to be when I grow up!!!!