Thoughts on Cruelty to Innnocents by CK Webb and DJ Weaver
Cruelty to Innocents is the first novel in the 911 Abduction Series. It is a cleverly written novel with an interesting premise. What if you left to help a stranger in dire need and left your child unattended while you did so and someone takes advantage of the situation? The idea is that children are being abducted while parents are trying to help others. The concept is terrifying and makes this novel a successful mystery and thriller.
The characters are well developed in this first novel. You find yourself immediately sympathetic to the protagonist and certain characters around her and also leery of others. The protagonist, Sloanne, is immediately likable. She works as a civilian investigating the crimes and is close to one of the victims, so her character has a lot of dimensions to her.
Though I was able to piece together much of the mystery early on, it didn’t take away from the over all enjoyment of the novel. It was easy to get swept up in the action of the story. What made this novel a great success to me was how well written it was. The story flowed well and made it play out well in the mind as it was read.
There was also an emotional element to this story, as there must be when traumatic events are involved. It was easy to find yourself emotionally involved with the characters. There were many parts where I found myself tearing up because of the sad nature of the scenes. However, the story was not all sad, there were elements of love and even a little comedy.
Overall, this was a successful mystery/thriller novel with a fascinating premise. I look forward to reading more in the series. I would recommend it to anyone who loves a good mystery or thriller novel.
I received this book from the author to review. For more information on Cruelty to Innocents or The 911 Abduction Series please visit http://theinnocents.weebly.com.
As part of the Cruelty to Innocents Tour the author has provided me with one free copy of the novel to give away to interested parties (in E-book format). If you are interested in entering to win a copy of the novel leave me a comment below (this giveaway is open to first commenter who would like the book).
Cruelty to Innocents Tour:
- May 23, 2011 ‘Innocents Blog Tour Kick-Off ‘ A Women’s Voice: book review, interview and book giveaway http://www.doloresayotte.wordpress.com/
- May 24, 2011 Reading, Reading & Life; book review, interview and book giveaway http://www.readingreadingandlife.blogspot.com/
- May 25, 2011 Kindle Fever: All day stop! Book review, interview, Q&A and book giveaway http://www.rebgeo.com/
- May 25, 2001 Author Kelly Moran’s blog: book cover & blurb http://kellymoranauthor.blogspot.com/
- May 26, 2011 ‘Book Release Day’ My Life. One story at a time: book review & book giveaway http://www.mylife-in-stories.blogspot.com/
- May 27, 2011 Life In review: book review & book giveaway http://www.lifeinreviewblog.wordpress.com/
- May 28, 2011 Suspense Radio Interview with John Raab 10:30 a.m. PST http://www.blogtalkradio.com/suspensemagazine
- May 29, 2011 Cutting Room Floor Radio Interview with Casey Ryan 12:00 p.m. EST http://www.talkshoe.com/talkshoe/web/talkCast.jsp?masterId=81947&cmd=tc
- May 30, 2011 The Hot Author Report: interview http://www.thehotauthorreport.com/
- May 31, 2011 Jean Joachim: book review, interview and book giveaway http://www.jeanjoachim.blogspot.com/
- June 1, 2011 Reading frenzy: book review & book giveaway http://www.lumorgan.blogspot.com/
- June 2, 2011 AJ & Charli Bite Back: book review & giveaway http://www.ajandcharli.blogspot.com/
- June 3, 2011 Dragonfly 419 Attempts To Combat Boredom: book review & book giveaway http://www.dragonflyy419.wordpress.com/
- June 4, 2011 Emeraldfire’s Bookmark: book review, interview and book giveaway http://www.emeraldfiresbookmark.blogspot.com/
- June 5, 2011 Best O’ Books: book review, interview & book giveaway
- June 7, 2011 Life Is But A Dream: Q&A 26 Questions and book giveaway http://www.kendallgrey.com/
- June 8, 2011 Melanie’s Book Addiction: book review, interview and book giveaway http://www.melaniesrandomthoughts-melanie.blogspot.com
- June 9, 2011 Books, Books The Magical Fruit: interview & book giveaway http://www.booksbooksthemagicalfruit.blogspot.com
- June 10, 2011 Wrapped Up Like A Blog: book review & book giveaway http://www.richsteeves.blogspot.com/
- June 11, 2011 Just Another Book Addict: book review & book giveaway http://www.justanotherbookaddict.blogspot.com/
- June 13, 2011 Eulana: book review & book giveaway http://www.eulana.wordpress.com/
- June 15, 2011 The Phantom Paragrapher: book review, interview and book giveaway http://www.thephantomparagrapher.blogspot.com/
- June 16, 2011 ‘Innocents Blog Tour Finale’ Just Another Book Addict: interview http://www.justanotherbookaddict.blogspot.com/